Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Yu-fei growing up

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Numbers & Alphabets

I have been practicing to write my name over the past weeks. I start with tracing and shortly, i memorised the alphabets of my name. Now I can write my name and also numbers 1 to 9, but often, some of the numbers I wrote will turn out opposite especially for numbers 6 and 9.

I remember daddy’s hand phone number too cause everyday before I sleep, mummy will repeat the number again and again to me, and thus the numbers had already locked in my brain.

As for alphabets, I can recognize all the 26 alphabets and can say eg: A is for alligator, aeroplane and so on. Often, I can named at least 2 things and mummy is pleased that I am keen on learning cause often, mummy taught me in a fun way such as using the real objects to let me touch, smell, see, taste and hear (5 senses) whenever possible and I could say all these reinforce in my learning.

However, some of the things I need to improve on were:

1) To hold/grip the pen correctly ( I often preferred to use my own method despite being told to hold correctly)
2) Improved on my fine motor skills such as using a scissors
3) To starts learning phonics (mummy started teaching me but I show no interest in reading, but I prefer to watch or listen to songs & rhymes regarding phonics)

Mummy will try to take a picture of my written names and post here soon!

No comments: